Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, TVs and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Indulge with aromatherapy, body treatments or body wraps at The Spa
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre, a steam room and a sauna
- Guests like the accommodation for the cleanliness, spaciousness and overall comfort
- Steps from Yorkshire Moors and 15 minutes on foot from North Sea
- Pets welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
87.0% of guests recommend out of 3302 reviews
About the Raithwaite EstateLocation Sandsend Road, Whitby, England YO21 3ST
Raithwaite Estate offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. Event space at this hotel measures 2690 square feet (250 square metres). A fitness centre, a sauna, and a rooftop terrace are also featured at the luxury Raithwaite Estate. Free self parking is available. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 4-star Whitby hotel.
- 73 guestrooms or units
- 2 buildings
- 2690 sq ft of conference space
- 250 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 2011
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Terrace on the roof
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Durham (MME-Tees Valley) (65.2 km / 40.5 mi)
- Train station: Whitby Station (4.1 km / 2.6 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Raithwaite Estate offers 73 forms of accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers. Each accommodation is individually decorated. Televisions come with pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers, designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board.
- Separate bedroom
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
Raithwaite Estate has a restaurant on site.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness centre.
Guests aged under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility or spa tub.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
The Spa has 4 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a spa tub. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Multiple properties are on site. Guest accommodations are located at either The Keep or The Hall. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 25.0 per day.
- Pets: GBP 15 per pet, per night
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 55 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Children age 15 and younger who are accompanied by an adult are permitted in the spa's swimming pool during limited hours.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 19 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 15 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 25.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Raithwaite Estate Hotel Whitby
- Raithwaite Estate Hotel
- Raithwaite Estate Whitby
- Raithwaite Estate
- Raithwaite Hall Hotel Whitby
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.