Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer sofa beds, flat-screen TVs and room service (during limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy international cuisine while dining at Wessex Restaurant
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Amenities include free newspapers in the lobby, a front-desk safe and meeting rooms
- Guests like the restaurant and bar
- Steps from Winchester Cathedral and a 4-minute drive from University of Winchester
- Cats and dogs welcome for a fee
Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel ratings based on 14 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel
10 Mar 2019 by Eric
Thank you for your review. Hotel windows can not be opened fully as they have for H&S restriction. with regards to the vent in the bathroom, it has a constant fresh air supply via the air-vent in tot he bedroom but there no fan attached.
4 Mar 2019 by Eric
Thank for you kind reply.
13 Dec 2018 by Eric
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
13 Dec 2018 by Eric
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments.
13 Dec 2018 by Eric
19 Feb 2018 by Will
Dear Stephen, Thank you very much for telling us about your recent stay. I am pleased that you were happy with you experience and that you would definitely stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back when you do. Kind regards William McWilliam
28 Oct 2016 by Will
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I was disappointed that you bathroom was not as clean as it should have been , please accept my apologies. Rest assured your comment will be shared with the Housekeeping team. On a positive note I am delighted that you would come back again and look forward to welcoming you back when you do. Kind regards William McWilliam
28 Oct 2016 by Will
Dear Richard, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to advise that we will be undertaking a refurbishment early next year and hope you will return to see for yourself the improvements we will have made . Kind regards William McWilliam
great location - medeocre staff
About the Mercure Wessex Winchester HotelLocation Paternoster Row, Winchester, England SO23 9LQ
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. The business-friendly Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel also features complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and room service (during limited hours). Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 4-star Winchester hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 94 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 2193 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1964
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free WiFi
- Sofa bed
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Southampton (SOU) (19.1 km / 11.9 mi)
- Train station: Winchester Station (1.8 km / 1.1 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Mercure Wessex Winchester Hotel offers 94 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Pull-out sofa bed
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Iron and ironing board
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and at the weekend from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Wessex Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Kings Lounge – This restaurant serves lunch, dinner and light fare.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: GBP 10.00 per pet, per night
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Parking height restrictions apply
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.5 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 12.00 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 10.00 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- The total price shown includes a resort fee.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.