Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- Free WiFi
- Free valet parking and self-parking
- Enjoy a bite to eat at Hrishi, a fine-dining restaurant that serves British cuisine
- Cooked-to-order breakfast served daily for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- Guests speak favourably about the helpful staff and the breakfast
- Just a 5-minute drive from Lake Windermere and a few minutes from World of Beatrix Potter
Reviews from Trip Advisor
92.0% of guests recommend out of 1707 reviews
About the Gilpin Hotel & Lake HouseLocation Crook Road - Windermere, Windermere, England LA23 3NE
There are 2 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. There are 2 meeting rooms available. A terrace, tour or ticket assistance, and a garden are also featured at the luxury Gilpin Hotel & Lake House. Self parking and valet parking are free. You'll have access to the indoor pool and health club at a partner property. This 5-star Windermere hotel is smoke free.
- 31 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 2 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- Built in 1901
- Bar or lounge
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Outdoor picnic space
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Airport: Manchester (MAN) (138.8 km / 86.3 mi)
- Train station: Windermere Station (6.4 km / 4 mi)
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House offers 31 forms of accommodation with DVD players and minibars. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Bathrooms include a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers, designer toiletries and a hairdryer. This Windermere hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, safes and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and an iron/ironing board. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- DVD player
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast daily from 8 AM to 10:30 AM.
Hrishi – This fine-dining restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. 1-star Michelin rating. Reservations are required.
Gilpin Spice 2AA Rosettes – This restaurant specialises in Asian cuisine. Reservations are required. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Free WiFi is limited to 3 GB of data per room, per stay. A surcharge applies for additional usage.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 10 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 10 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- No lifts
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 20.00 for adults and GBP 20.00 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Gilpin Hotel Lake House Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel Lake House
- Gilpin Lake House Windermere
- Gilpin Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 10 years old and younger aren't allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Relais & Chateaux.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.