Find cheap hotels in Yamagata
Hotels from £40
Choose from over 1,000,000 unique hotels, apartments & villas around the world
Free cancellation on most hotels when you book with ebookers!*
Check hotel prices in Yamagata
Most frequently booked hotels in Yamagata
Finding Yamagata Hotels
So, you're considering going to Yamagata? If you'd like to find accommodation that's within a stone's throw of the sights, you can enter your holiday dates and then use the filters next to your hotel search results to find somewhere to stay near the area's attractions.
The city of Yamagata has some interesting things to see and do. Popular attractions in and around Yamagata include:
- Japan Ukiyo-e Museum
- Matsumoto City Museum
- Matsumoto Castle
- Daio Wasabi Farm
- Kappa Bridge
- Alwin Stadium
- Choko-ji Temple
When is the Best Time to Explore Yamagata?
If you're curious when is the best time of year to travel to Yamagata, you might find this info about seasonal weather helpful when planning your trip. The warmest months in Yamagata are typically August and July, whereas the coldest months are usually January and February. The months with the most rain are July and August, whereas December and February have the least.
Here's a rundown on how much rain you can expect and what the temperatures are going to be like:
- From January to March, the average daytime temperature is 13°C and at night it is -6°C. Seasonal average rainfall is 244 mm.
- If you visit between April and June, you can expect an average temp of 27°C during the day and 1°C at night. Average rainfall during this season is 292 mm.
- The daytime average temp from July to September is 31°C and the nighttime average is 13°C. Average precipitation for this season is 351 mm.
- Between October and December, the average temp during the day is 22°C and -4°C at night. Seasonal average rain is 248 mm.
- The average annual rainfall in Yamagata is 1135 mm.