Visit Old Town Bascarsija & take a 2h walking tour
Visit Tunnel of Hope and find out more about war in Bosnia
Travel to Herzegovina region
Visit Travnik, a city dating from Ottomans period
Visit Jajce, the 14th century capital of Bosnia
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Professional and experienced guide
Private transport in modern and comfortable vehicle
Live commentary provided in English language
Pick up and drop off every day from your hotel
Entrance fees - Tunnel of hope, Blagaj Dervish house, Jajce waterfall
Meals and drinks
Know Before You Book
There is no restrictions for this tour
Children up to 10 years old go free on this tour
What you can expect
Day 1 - Sarajevo
- Explore the war history of Sarajevo on a private 3-hour history tour and learn about the 4 long years that the city and its people suffered under the constant threat of bombs.
Visit the main locations from the 1992 to 1995 war following the Siege of Sarajevo. See remnants of monuments kept as a reminder that it should never happen again. Hear the story about the Tunnel of Hope and get a better understanding of this memorial by watching a short film made during the war.
Day 2 - Herzegovina - Konjic, Blagaj & Mostar
- Herzegovina is southern part of the country and represents sunny and warm part of the heart-shaped country. Warm climate, a lot of sunny days during the year, stone fields and the smell of the seaside make Herzegovina different from the inner part of the country. Herzegovina is famous by its lavender fields, grape cultivation, wine production and its UNESCO heritage.
- Visit Konjic, a small town known for its wood carving. The beautiful surrounding nature will host you for the Bosnian coffee break right beside a green Neretva river.
- Mostar will wait for you with its warm climate, unique beauty and amazing history. Your guide will take you on Mostar Old town sightseeing, to show you the Unesco Heritage monument, a worldwide famous Old Bridge, and you will hear all the legends and stories about this amazing example of Ottoman architecture from the 16th century.
- Blagaj is where Buna river is, the strongest river source in this part of Europe and is also known for the fish restaurants.
An authentic Ottoman town from 16 century is the next stop. Its amazing architecture and location will surely excite you. Return back home.
Day 3 - Travnik & Jajce
- Jajce represents the capital of the Bosnian Kingdom during the 14th century. It has important historical significance and is also one of the most visited tourist destinations. You'll find a famous waterfall where the Pliva River meets the Vrbas River presenting a unique beauty of wild, untamed nature.
- Visit the Royal Fortress, the Mlincici Complex, Pliva Springs and the Katakombe Museum will take your breath away and make you fall in love with this unique cultural complex. On the road to Jajce, there is a second, small town named Travnik which is also representative of Bosnian culture and lifestyle of local people during the Ottoman period.
- It is worth mentioning that Travnik has almost maintained its appearance from the Ottoman period.
Download the ebookers app and make the most of your trip
- Profit! You earn more BONUS+ in the app than on desktop
- Get real-time travel updates, such as gate changes and flight delays
- View upcoming trip details, hotel address information and get maps for directions