Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer sofa beds, satellite TV and room service (during limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy a bite to eat at The Jeremy Wares, a fine-dining restaurant that serves local cuisine
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Treat yourself to body treatments, massages or manicures and pedicures at Vital Health
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, luggage storage and wedding services
- On-site recreation includes tennis courts, a health club and a sauna
- Guests like the accommodation for the cleanliness, spaciousness and overall comfort
- 9 minutes by car from Linlithgow Palace and 10 minutes from Royal Highland Centre
- Dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
62.0% of guests recommend out of 1680 reviews
About the Macdonald Houstoun HouseLocation Uphall, Broxburn, Scotland EH52 6JS
Macdonald Houstoun House offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a health club. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. The business-friendly Macdonald Houstoun House also features a sauna, a garden, and laundry facilities. Self parking is free. This 4-star Broxburn hotel is smoke free.
- 71 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- Built in 1600
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Wedding services available
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (12 km / 7.4 mi)
- Train station: Livingston Uphall Station (2 km / 1.2 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Macdonald Houstoun House offers 71 forms of accommodation with free newspapers and complimentary bottles of water. Televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and an iron/ironing board. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pull-out sofa bed
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Newspapers (free)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 8 AM to 10 AM.
The Jeremy Wares – This fine-dining restaurant specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Reservations are required.
The Vaulted Bar – This bar only serves light fare. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Vital Health has massage/treatment rooms. Services include facials, body treatments and manicures and pedicures. The spa is equipped with a sauna.
- Sauna in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at 1:00 AM
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 25.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: GBP 15.00 per pet, per night
- Only dogs are allowed
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 7 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Guests must contact this hotel in advance to reserve a crib (infant bed), rollaway/extra bed, or sofa bed. please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 18.00 for adults and GBP 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 15.00 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: GBP 30 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 25.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel Broxburn
- Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel
- Macdonald Houstoun House Broxburn
- Macdonald Houstoun House
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.