Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with LCD TVs, fridges and minibars
- Free WiFi and wired Internet
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy French cuisine while dining at Top of Kyoto
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and a porter
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the spaciousness and overall comfort
- Within a 10-minute walk of Kyoto Tower and Kyoto Aquarium
- Free train station pick-up and local-area shuttle service
Reviews from Trip Advisor
71.0% of guests recommend out of 1614 reviews
About the RIHGA Royal Hotel KyotoLocation 1 Taimatsu-cho, Shiokoji-sagaru, Kyoto, Kyoto 600-8237
Renovations + Closures
The following facilities will be closed from 03 June 2019 until 06 June 2019 (dates subject to change):
- Swimming pool
RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto offers its guests an indoor pool and a fitness centre. There are 6 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. Multilingual staff, gift shops/news stands, and concierge services are also featured at the business-friendly RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto. An area shuttle and A train station pick-up shuttle are free. Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 4-star Kyoto hotel.
- 1 building
- 489 guestrooms or units
- 14 levels
- 6 dining venues
- Built in 1969
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) (98 km / 60.9 mi)
- Train station: Kyoto Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle and train station pick-up
- Parking: Free self parking
RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto offers 489 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and a safe. Beds feature down comforters. 32-inch LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include complimentary slippers, a bidet, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. This Kyoto hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. In-room massages and an iron/ironing board can be requested. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Down blanket
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Top of Kyoto – This restaurant specialises in French cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Royal Ryuho – This restaurant specialises in Chinese cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Gourmand Tachibana – This restaurant specialises in French cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
All Day Dining KAZA – This buffet restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Tankuma Kitamise – This restaurant specialises in Japanese cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool and a fitness centre.
Guests aged under 18 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 5 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Children 4-12 years old are allowed in the pool for a fee of JPY 540 per person, per stay and must be accompanied by an adult. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective from 1 October 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: JPY 2700 per person (approximately)
- Facilities fee: JPY 540 per person, per stay and includes use of:
– Fitness facilities
– Swimming pool
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto
- RIHGA Royal Hotel
- RIHGA Royal Kyoto
- RIHGA Royal
- Kyoto Rihga Royal Hotel
You should know
- As required by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, all international visitors must submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Also, it's required that lodging proprietors photocopy the passports of all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.