Balboa Bay Resort offers its guests a full-service spa, a marina, and an outdoor pool. There are 2 restaurants on site, as well as a coffee shop/cafΘ and a nearby snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include A poolside bar and A bar/lounge. WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. There's an onsite business centre. Event space at this resort measures 13000 square feet (1208 square metres) and includes conference rooms. A hot tub, a 24-hour fitness centre, and spa services are also featured at the luxury Balboa Bay Resort. An area shuttle within 2 miles and A beach shuttle are free. Parking is available for a fee. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 4.5-star Newport Beach resort.
- 159 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 2 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- 13000 sq ft of conference space
- 1208 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 2003
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Cabanas by the pool (surcharge)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Charging station for electric cars
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- On-site shopping
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms:
Available in some public areas:
, Free wired Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge)
, Self parking (surcharge)
, Valet parking (surcharge)
Airport: Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne) (13.3 km / 8.3 mi)
Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within 2 miles and beach shuttle; airport shuttle
Parking: Valet parking, self parking, and extended parking available for a surcharge
Balboa Bay Resort offers 159 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with iPod docking stations and laptop-compatible safes. Rooms open to balconies. Pillowtop beds feature down comforters and premium bedding. 42-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include a shower, bathrobes, slippers and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and a hairdryer. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Private balcony
- Pillowtop beds
- iPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Down blanket
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Newspapers (free)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
Waterline – This restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Anchors and Oceans – This seafood restaurant serves brunch, lunch, dinner and light fare. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Blend – This café serves breakfast, lunch and light fare. Open daily.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorised watercraft on site
- Motor boating on site
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
The on-site spa has 9 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy.
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 9
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Wheelchair-accessible lounge
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Wheelchair-accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair-accessible public washroom
- Wheelchair-accessible parking
- Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- In-room accessibility
- Assistive listening devices available
- Braille or raised signage
- Wheelchair-accessible path to lift
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business centre
- Check-in time starts at 4:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Airport shuttle service is available on request from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Airport shuttle service is offered on request from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per night.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 100.00 per stay)
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 35 lb)
- Food and water bowls are available Service animals are exempt from fees.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification may be required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.Disinfectant is used to clean the property.Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; guests are provided with hand sanitiser.Individually wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- Service animals are allowed
- Service animals are exempt from fees/restrictions
- Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
- Property is cleaned with disinfectant
- Staff wear personal protective equipment
- Protective clothing is available for guests
- Masks are available for guests
- Debit cards not accepted
- Gloves are available for guests
- Shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitiser
- Staffed front desk
- Social distancing measures are in place
- Contactless check-in is not available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures
- Individually wrapped food options are available
- Individually wrapped food options are available for breakfast
- Individually wrapped food options are available for lunch
- Individually wrapped food options are available for dinner
- gap period enforced between guest stays 24 hours
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 35 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Fitness centre access
- Shuttle service
- Business centre/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 22 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 50 per room (one-way)
- Self-parking fee: USD 32 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 38 per night (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: USD 37 per night
- Pet fee: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD100.00 per stay)
- Service animals are exempt from fees
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Balboa Bay
- Balboa Bay Newport Beach
- Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Resort Newport Beach
- Balboa Resort
- Balboa Bay Club
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Resort Resort
- Balboa Bay Resort Newport Beach
- Balboa Bay Resort Resort Newport Beach
You should know
- Balboa Bay Resort offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
url importing http://www.ebookers.com/Newport-Beach-Hotels-Balboa-Bay-Resort.h12533-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&
There was an error importing /Newport-Beach-Hotels-Balboa-Bay-Resort.h12533-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&, error: javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: 301 http://www.ebookers.com/Newport-Beach-Hotels-Balboa-Bay-Resort.h12533-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&