Traditional wooden boats – “pletnas”
The story of the Bled bell (The church bell)
Views and experiences at Bled Castle
Natural beauty at Vintgar Gorge
… and yes: the Bled Cream Cake
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Courtesy pick-up and drop-off
Air conditioned car or minivan
Guided “BLED For DUMBIES” tour
The original BLED cream cake - Kremsnita
Entrance to the Vintgar gorge
Organisation and VAT
A lot of hints about best restaurants, spots & places to visit
A trip with PLETNA (boat ride)
Entrance to the Bled Island
Visit to the Bled Castle
Any services not listed above as “Included”
Personal travel insurance
Meal/Food & Drinks (Can be arranged on request)
Know Before You Book
Our tour runs regardless of weather conditions - rain, hail or shine
There's a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there aren't enough reservations (min. 3 passengers). In this case you'll be offered an alternative or full refund.
What you can expect
Visit Lake Bled to make your wishes come true.
This Alpine lake with the only island in Slovenia has been a world-renowned paradise for centuries, impressing visitors with its natural beauty, wealth of legend, and special powers to restore well-being. Look out at the lake from a castle on a cliff and visit the island on a traditional “pletna” boat.
The most beautiful view of the lake, its island, and the surrounding peaks is from the castle towering over the lake on a cliff. Due to its beauty, it is considered to be one of the loveliest wedding venues in Europe
This place, which has been attracting visitors for centuries, also offers excellent culinary delights. The most famous delicacy at Lake Bled is a dessert – the Bled Cream Cake (“kremsnita”) made using an original recipe from over 60 years ago.
Not far from Lake Bled there is a gorge which, because of its exceptional beauty, was attracting tourists as early as in the 19th century. Wooden bridges and viewing galleries lead you down the 1.6 km long gorge among waterfalls, pools, and cascades. A stone, single-arch, former railway bridge also towers above the gorge. Vintgar Gorge.
Whether your holiday lasts one week or two, you're travelling with children, join the “BLED For DUMBIES” tour and find:
- What you shouldn't miss — and what you can skip
- Bargain alerts tip you off to time-saving insider details–like which sight passes grant you free access to others–so more of your money stays where you want it.
- A lot of little suggestions, places to visit, how to avoid lines - made a huge difference.
- Not all Slovenia's traditional dishes and wines are created equally; BLED for Dumbies tour steers you in all the right culinary directions.
Like every “For Dumbies” tours, BLED for Dumbies includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn’t miss—and what you can skip
- The best places and restaurants for every budget
- … and much more
Download the ebookers app and make the most of your trip
- Profit! You earn more BONUS+ in the app than on desktop
- Get real-time travel updates, such as gate changes and flight delays
- View upcoming trip details, hotel address information and get maps for directions