Scenic walks and secret places
Local markets and shops
Insight into the history and local culture
Testing of Slovenian wines
What's included, what's not
Courtesy pick-up and drop-off
Air conditioned car or minivan
St. George Cathedral
Minorite Monastery & Ancient town's wall
The famous Venetian House
Outdoor food market
English Speaking Tour Guide
Any services not listed above as “Included”
Personal travel insurance
Meal/Food & Drinks (Can be arranged on request)
Know Before You Book
Our tour runs regardless of weather conditions - rain, hail or shine
There's a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there aren't enough reservations (min. 3 passengers). In this case you'll be offered an alternative or full refund.
What you can expect
Piran - a beautiful coastal town
One of the loveliest towns anywhere along the Adriatic coast, picturesque Piran (Pirano in Italian) sits prettily at the tip of a narrow peninsula. Its Old Town – one of the best-preserved historical towns anywhere in the Mediterranean – is a gem of Venetian Gothic architecture, but it can be a mob scene at the height of summer. In quieter times, it’s hard not to fall instantly in love with the atmospheric winding alleyways, the sunsets and the seafood restaurants.
We chose the historic centre of Piran because it has the most to offer in terms of culture, history and of course wonderful food. This is where most of historic houses and other sights are found, many of them well over 1300 years old, and the food is just delicious if you know where to go. And, because it's very central, we can show you more than one area, including the famous, Tartini square, ancient town's wall, St. George Cathedral and the famous Venetian House.
On this guided walking food tour we visit the local, colourful outdoor food market, admire old buildings, architecture and meet the wonderful families working hard to preserve local food traditions. This tour features some unique cultural and historical sites that few tourists get an opportunity to see. Join us for a day like no other.
When you come on our “PIRAN For DUMBIES” tour, you'll get a chance to try many famous local dishes, all guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
Whether your holiday lasts one week or two, you're travelling with children, join the “PIRAN For DUMBIES” tour and find:
- What you shouldn't miss — and what you can skip
- Bargain alerts tip you off to time-saving insider details–like which sight passes grant you free access to others–so more of your money stays where you want it.
- A lot of little suggestions, places to visit, how to avoid lines - made a huge difference.
- Not all Slovenia's traditional dishes and wines are created equally; PIRAN for Dumbies tour steers you in all the right culinary directions.
Like every “For Dumbies” tours, PIRAN for Dumbies includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn’t miss—and what you can skip
- The best places and restaurants for every budget
- … and much more
- PIRAN for DUMBIES
- Piran Piran 6330
- Alfredo TOURS
- 46 Kidričeva ulica
- Koper - Capodistria Koper 6000
- Cruise passenger terminal in Koper
- Kopališko nabrežje
- Koper Koper 6000
- Piran Pick Up Point
- Piran Piran 6330
- Portoroz Pick Up Point
- Portorož Piran
- Izola Pick Up Point
- Izola Izola 6310
Download the ebookers app and make the most of your trip
- Profit! You earn more BONUS+ in the app than on desktop
- Get real-time travel updates, such as gate changes and flight delays
- View upcoming trip details, hotel address information and get maps for directions