A Breath-taking and Bizarre Underworld & “Grand Canyon”
Biggest Cave System in Europe
Adventureus Ride With the Only Cave Train in the World
Meet the Baby Dragons
Fairytale Castle and the Erasmus Knight
What's included, what's not
Courtesy pick-up and drop-off
Air conditioned car or minivan
English Speaking Tour Guide
Special local guide at the caves
Photo-stop at the Predjama castle
Organisation and VAT
A lot of hints about best restaurants, spots & places to visit
Any services not listed above as “Included”
Personal travel insurance
Meal/Food & Drinks (Can be arranged on request)
Entrance fee to caves and/or castle (26 EUR + 14 EUR rispectively)
Know Before You Book
Our tour runs regardless of weather conditions - rain, hail or shine
There's a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there aren't enough reservations (min. 3 passengers). In this case you'll be offered an alternative or full refund.
What you can expect
Welcome to the world's most captivating cave with magnificent cave formations and diverse fauna. Take an unforgettable ride on Postojna Cave's underground train and experience a fascinating subterranean paradise shaped by tiny droplets over millions of years.
Postojna Cave is the only place where you can see the most precious brilliant in the form of a cave formation and also meet the baby dragons. Just like the world above the surface, Postojna Cave boasts towering mountains, murmuring rivers and vast subterranean halls. It is a real challenge for explorers and the cradle of speleobiology.
Explore the cave’s passages before continuing to your next destination - Predjama Castle. One of Europe’s only cave-built castles, it has a history dating back to the 13th century. A mere few kilometres from Postojna Cave, the Karst world offers an unforgettable experience in the fairytale world of knights. The impregnable mediaeval marvel has been perched in the middle of a 123-metre-high cliff for more than 800 years. Behind the largest cave castle in the world (listed as one of the Guinness World Records), there is a network of secret tunnels, from where the knight Erazem of Predjama would set out on his plundering expeditions. The Cave under Predjama Castle is the home of a colony of bats.
Whether your holiday lasts one week or two, you're travelling with children, join the “POSTOJNA CAVES & PREDJAMA CASTLE For DUMBIES” tour and find:
- What you shouldn't miss — and what you can skip
- Bargain alerts tip you off to time-saving insider details–like which sight passes grant you free access to others–so more of your money stays where you want it.
- A lot of little suggestions, places to visit, how to avoid lines - made a huge difference.
- Not all Slovenia's traditional dishes and wines are created equally; POSTOJNA CAVES & PREDJAMA CASTLE For DUMBIES tour steers you in all the right culinary directions.
Like every “For Dumbies” tours, POSTOJNA CAVES & PREDJAMA CASTLE For DUMBIES includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn’t miss—and what you can skip
- The best places and restaurants for every budget
- … and much more
- Jamska cesta
- postojna Postojna 6230
- Alfredo TOURS
- 46 Kidričeva ulica
- Koper Koper 6000
- Cruise passenger terminal in Koper
- Kopališko nabrežje
- Koper - Capodistria Koper 6000
- Piran Pick Up Point
- Piran Piran 6330
- Portoroz Pick Up Point
- Portorož Piran
- Izola Pick Up Point
- Izola Izola 6310
Download the ebookers app and make the most of your trip
- Profit! You earn more BONUS+ in the app than on desktop
- Get real-time travel updates, such as gate changes and flight delays
- View upcoming trip details, hotel address information and get maps for directions