A city break is my favourite type of getaway because you can cram in lots of fun in a short space of time and there’s no need to worry about lugging a suitcase. A holdall is ideal! With that in mind, I’m going to share what I packed for a city break that I planned through ebookers.com recently. Hope you can get some inspiration!
1) Denim can be dressed up or down so pack a good pair of jeans in a colour which will go with anything. I go for black skinnies as they look just as cool during the day as they do for evening wear. And if you’re trying to pack extra lightly, take a pair of simple black jeans, a few different tops and alternate them according to the occasion.
2) Sequinned pieces are perfect for when you want instant glamour. I love them because I don’t have to save space in my luggage for heavy jewellery or bulky accessories – the sequins do all the talking! They’re surprisingly versatile too. Wear a sequin skirt with a chic knit, tights and ankle boots for an off-duty daytime look or pile on the glitz with a sequin dress and a sleek clutch for evening cocktails.
3) I’m all about comfort these days so block-heeled ankle boots are my footwear of choice. They’re sturdy and practical enough for sightseeing and shopping but don’t look out of place at a bar either. I’m wearing grey boots a lot at the moment as they make a nice change to black.
4) If you only take one cover-up, make it a leather jacket. They can look casual or smart and add just the right amount of edge to any outfit. Biker cuts are classic but belted styles can bring a touch of sophistication to your look.
5) A multipurpose shirt will be a saviour. Wear alone with jeans, tuck into a skirt, layer over a dress or finish off your ensemble and wear as a jacket. I’ve got a khaki suede number from ASOS which ticks all the boxes!
6) Fine knitted jumpers can be worn with a variety of different outfits and are great for layering as they’re warm but not too thick. Pack a few neutral, ‘go-with-everything’ shades and you won’t go wrong!
This post was written by Georgina Hathaway.