Terms and conditions for the My Barcelona (the “Prize Draw”)
By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions“). Promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw, including all information on how to enter the Prize Draw, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Expedia Inc (“ebookers“).
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and legally resident within the United Kingdom. Employees and agents of ebookers or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. ebookers reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If the winner is found to be ineligible, ebookers reserves the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Prize Draw commences at 7:00PM UK time on 22 May 2017 and all entries must be received by 11:59PM UK time on 24 May 2017. Participants may submit their entries between the hours of 7:00pm and 11:59pm UK time on the dates of the 22, 23 and 24 May.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. To enter the Prize Draw, participants must enter via Facebook and write a comment outlining something they would like to do or see when in Barcelona. At 7:00pm UK time on each of the 22, 23 and 24 of May a post will be shared on Facebook illustrating the highlights of the ‘My Barcelona’ competition. At the end of the written post ebookers will ask participants to leave a comment outlining something they would like to do or see in Bareclona for the chance to win flight tickets to Barcelona. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry.
- The Prize Draw will be promoted on https://business.facebook.com/ebookers. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry into the Prize Draw. Any entries in addition to this may be disqualified.
- The prize to be won is a basic fare return flight to Barcelona for two people with VUELING. The flight must be taken before 31 December 2017 and the flight must be booked twenty-one (21) days prior to the date of the flight. The flights are subject to availability with the following blackout periods when flights will not be available: 26/05/17 to 05/06/17; 22/06/17 to 13/09/17; 13/10/17 to 30/10/17; 21/12/17 to 31/12/17. All dates are inclusive. Once issued, flights cannot be re-issued and date or routing changes are not permitted. All flights are subject to availability and usual booking terms and conditions apply. The flight tickets forming part of the prize cannot be applied to the cost of any previously purchased reservations or other miscellaneous charges. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport to and from departure airport, luggage fees and supplements,, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. The winner and their companion are responsible for obtaining valid passports and visas and, where appropriate, obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations for foreign travel. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. If the winner’s companion is a minor, the minor must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian (at their own expense) if they are not the winner. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part. By participating in the Prize Draw, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither Ebookers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Vueling Airlines S.A .
- The winner of the Prize Draw will be the first name chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date.
- The winner will be notified no later than Friday 26 May 2017 by private message on Facebook. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The prize, a voucher, will be sent to the winner by email to the email address provided over social media messages by the winner. If the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible email address for receipt of their prize by Monday 5 June 2017 , ebookers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prize to another participant. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, ebookers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award the prize to another participant.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond ebookers’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, ebookers is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, ebookers reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Prize Draw, ebookers reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prize through a further draw or to divide the prize or the value of the prize between the winners of the Prize Draw.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by ebookers of Vueling Airline S.A or any other third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Vueling Airline S.A.
- By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to have their name featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw without further reference, payment or other compensation . This includes making their name as the winner available on Facebook between 5th June and 10 June . Details of the winner will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an email to email@example.com no later than June 20, 2017.
- Although the Prize Draw may be featured on Facebook, the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and you agree that Facebook is / are not liable in any way. You are providing information to ebookers and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes referred to in clause 13 below.
- ebookers reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of ebookers that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither ebookers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by ebookers to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, ebookers will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw ebookers will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by ebookers of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit ebookers’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in ebookers’s reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or ebookers and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at ebookers’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, ebookers may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All ebookers’s decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and ebookers will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and