By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1. The promoter of this Competition is Expedia (“Expedia”).
2. Participants must be at least 18 years old, legally resident within the United Kingdom and have joined the Ebookers BONUS+ rewards programme. Employees and agents of Expedia or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Competition are not eligible to take part. Expedia reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible. If the winner is found to be ineligible, Expedia reserves the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
3. The Competition commences at 12:00.00 am UK time on 1 April 2017 and all entries must be received by 30 April 2017 at 11:59.59 pm UK time. The Competition will then repeat each calendar month, running from 12:00.00 am on the 1st day of each calendar month to 11:59:59 pm on the final day of the same month. The Competition will continue repeating in this way until such time as Expedia provides notice of the date on which the Competition will finish in the locations referred to in paragraph 4 of these Terms and Conditions. .
4. The Competition will be promoted on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ebookers and Facebook at https://business.facebook.com/ebookers. To enter the Competition you must post a photo or video on the theme of “travel being personal” on the ebookers page on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #myebookers. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Competition is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may make a maximum of 5 entries into the Competition in any month. Any entries in addition to this may be disqualified. Participants may only win one prize in any month, irrespective of the number of entries submitted. At the end of the Competition, participants’ entries will not be returned to them.
5. The prize to be won is BONUS+ points to the value of £ 50 BONUS+ are points redeemable against selected hotel bookings on the www.ebookers.com website. Use of BONUS+ is subject to terms and conditions, available online at https://www.ebookers.com/info/win?id=LoyaltyTerms and which form part of these Terms and Conditions. BONUS+ awarded as a prize in this Competition will expire 12 months from issue.
6. The winner of the Competition will be the person who submits a photo or video that best reflects ebookers’ values of ‘travel being personal’. The winner will be selected on the above criteria by a panel of judges including at least one independent member and the panel’s decision is final.
7. The winner in each month will be notified no later than the fifth (5th) day of the following month through Facebook or Instagram (as applicable) and asked to respond via email or direct message with the email address which has been used to set up their BONUS+ account. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The prize will be issued by crediting the winner’s BONUS+ account with the points. If any social media messages to the winner are returned as undeliverable or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an email address linked to their BONUS+ account within 14 days of being notified that they have won a prize, Expedia reserves the right to award the prize to another participant. If the winner has not claimed the prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, Expedia reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
8. Participants agree that any copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry to the Competition will be owned by Expedia and to this effect by entering the Competition participants agree to hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assign to Expedia, as legal and beneficial owner and with full title guarantee, by way of present assignment of all present and future rights, all rights, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in or arising out of their entry to the Competition, for their full duration of such rights. Participants also hereby agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive any and all moral and similar rights vesting in their entry to the Competition and to undertake to execute all such documents as are reasonably required by Expedia to perfect the transfer or assignment of all rights, title and interests referred to in these Terms and Conditions to Expedia. Participants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the rights provided for in this paragraph 8 and that all materials forming part of their entry to the Competition, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of Expedia, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
9. Furthermore, participants represent and warrant that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry and that their entry to the Competition fully complies with these Terms and Conditions and: (a) is their original work and does not include the work of a third party, or if it does include such work that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing; (b) has not previously been submitted in any competition or other promotion and has not won an award or prize of any kind; (c) does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living, or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to Expedia upon request); (d) does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission (including, but not limited to, company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media); (e) is not subject to any third party agreements and Expedia will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation of the idea or video or rights therein; (f) does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of Expedia or any other individuals and/or entities (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of Expedia); (g) does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful or discriminatory content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), does not contain content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of Expedia); (h) does not include threats of any kind or anything that may intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or invade the privacy of any person (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of Expedia); (i) does not violate any applicable local state, provincial, national or international law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence; (j) does not feature, refer to, or mention any brands competing with Expedia; and (k) does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of Expedia’s hardware or software systems. Expedia reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Competition any content submitted if it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such content.
10. In the event that, for reasons beyond Expedia’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Expedia is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Expedia reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Competition, Expedia reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prize by the means of a prize draw or to divide the prize or the value of the prize between the winners of the Competition.
11. By entering the Competition, participants agree to have their name and entry featured in publicity materials relating to the Competition without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as the winner available on the ebookers blogs, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Details of the winner will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an email to email@example.com
12. Although the Competition may be featured on Facebook and Instagram, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram and you agree that Facebook and Instagram are not liable in any way. You are providing information to Expedia and not to Facebook and Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes referred to in these Terms and Conditions.
14. Expedia reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Expedia that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition. Neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Expedia to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
15. Save where it has been negligent, Expedia will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. Expedia will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Expedia of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Expedia’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
16. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Expedia’s reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Expedia and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at Expedia’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, Expedia may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
17. All Expedia’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final and Expedia will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
18. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.