A – KEY POINTS
Qualifying bookings: This voucher code discount applies only to one pre-paid flight + hotel booking made online at www.ebookers.com but booked in accordance with the redemption process below (and subject to the restrictions set out in the terms and conditions below).
Voucher value: £4, 500.
Voucher Code Redemption Period: The voucher code can be used from 14 December 2017 and must be used by 11:59pm on 28 June 2018.
Travel Period: The travel dates must be between 9 January 2018 to 30 December 2018 (inclusive).
How to use your voucher code
Please search www.ebookers.com for the travel services which you are interested in and on which you would like to redeem your prize. Once decided, please contact ebookers by email at email@example.com with details of the relevant travel services you are interested in and a contact number. ebookers will contact you by telephone within 7 days of receipt of that email in order to verify your identity and confirm your selection. Once this has taken place, ebookers will book the relevant travel services on your behalf. The price of the travel reservation(s) will be the price as at the booking date (and not the date of your original search).
Voucher terms and conditions
- The voucher code is an offer from Expedia and may only be used by UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Subject to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions, the voucher code may be applied to one stand-alone hotel and flight booking made online via ebookers.com and made with Ebookers. The voucher code can be used from 14 December 2017 and must be used by 28 June 2018 and can only be used for pre-pay bookings and cannot be redeemed against bookings which are paid at the destination. The voucher cannot be redeemed against (i) flight + hotel + car bookings, (ii) epackages offered by third parties via www.ebookers.com or those epackages where you are not free to select individual component parts, (iii) stand-alone car bookings, (iv) stand-alone flight bookings or (v) cottage bookings. The voucher entitles you to up to £4, 500 off the price of the relevant travel booking.
- The voucher code entitles you to £4,500 off the price of the travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.
- The voucher code may not be used with other discount coupons, promotions or special offers.
- The voucher code cannot be redeemed against taxes, supplier fees, cancellation or change penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- The voucher code cannot be used for any booking previously made and will be deemed fully redeemed once a qualifying booking has been made. The voucher code may not be re-used, even in the event that you change or cancel the booking.
- The voucher code has no cash value and no refunds or cash alternative will be offered. Improper use of the voucher code by you including but not limited to publication or selling of the voucher code is prohibited and may constitute fraud.
- Usual booking terms and conditions apply (see https://www.ebookers.com/p/support/general-booking-conditions) and all bookings are subject to availability.
- The voucher code may not be used by employees of Expedia group companies or any other person professionally connected with this promotion.
- Expedia reserves the right to vary the voucher code conditions of use or to withdraw the voucher code at any time. Expedia’s decision is final in all matters relating to this promotion.
- Expedia is the promoter of this offer.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
B – PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions“). Promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw, including all information on how to enter the Prize Draw, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Expedia Inc (“ebookers“).
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and legally resident within the United Kingdom. Employees and agents of ebookers or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfillment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. ebookers reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If the winner is found to be ineligible, ebookers reserves the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Prize Draw commences at 7:00am UK time on 12 November 2017 and all entries must be received by 11:00PM UK time on 3 December 2017.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. To enter the Prize Draw, participants must vote for their favourite of 3 unique experiences in NYC via the ebookers Travel Blog (www.ebookers.com/travel-blog) between 7:00am UK time 12th November and 11:00pm December 3. On each blog page featuring a 24-hours in NYC story there will be a ‘Click here to Vote’ button where entrants will be asked to provide their names, email address and choice of travel itinerary: Local, Heritage, Family.
- Entrants will be directed to the My NYC landing page via Facebook and YouTube advertising. In order to enter the competition entrants must vote for their favourite of 3 travel stories: HERITAGE NYC, FAMILY NYC, LOCAL NYC. Each story has its own individual page with a button where users can cast their vote. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry.
- The prize to be won is a £4,500 voucher to be spent on ebookers.com. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions. The winner is responsible for obtaining valid passports and visas and, where appropriate, obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations for foreign travel. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part. By participating in the Prize Draw, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither ebookers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher which can be found at www.ebookers.com.
- The winner of the Prize Draw will be the first name chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date.
- The winner will be notified no later than Friday 8 December 2017 by email. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The prize will be sent to the winner by email, to the email address provided on entry. If any emails to the winner are returned as undeliverable, ebookers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prize to another participant. If the winner has not claimed their prize by December 14 2017 in the notification of winning, ebookers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award the prize to another participant.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond ebookers’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, ebookers is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, ebookers reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Prize Draw, ebookers reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prize through a further draw or to divide the prize or the value of the prize between the winners of the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to have their name featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as the winner available on Facebook between 9th December and 25th December 2018. Details of the winner will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25th December 2017.
- Although the Prize Draw may be featured on Facebook and YouTube, the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or YouTube and you agree that Facebook and YouTube is not liable in any way. You are providing information to ebookers and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes referred to in clause 14 below.
- ebookers reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of ebookers that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither ebookers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by ebookers to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, ebookers will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw ebookers will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by ebookers of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit ebookers’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in ebookers reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or ebookers and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at ebookers’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, ebookers may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All ebookers’ decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and ebookers will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.