Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with Tempur-Pedic beds, flat-screen TVs and fridges
- Free WiFi
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include 2 restaurants, 2 coffee shops/cafés and 6 bars/lounges
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking and self-parking available for a fee
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles
- Guests speak favourably about the proximity to public transport and the location
- 7 minutes by car from Brooklyn Bridge Park and 8 minutes from New York University
- Cats and dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 666 reviews
About the PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotelLocation 215 Chrystie St, New York, NY 10002
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel offers its guests a 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles. There are 2 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 6 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. A nightclub, a rooftop terrace, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the business-friendly PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 367 guestrooms or units
- 16 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 6 bars or lounges
- 2 coffee shops
- Built in 2017
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) (28.7 km / 17.8 mi)
- Train station: New York 9th St. Station (2 km / 1.3 mi)
- Metro station: 2 Av. Station (0.4 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager hotel offers 367 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottles of water. Tempur-Pedic beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. This New York hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Tempur-Pedic beds
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Public Kitchen – On-site restaurant.
Louis – On-site coffee shop.
Diego – On-site cocktail bar.
The Roof – On-site rooftop bar.
Lobby Bar – On-site lobby lounge.
A 24-hour health club and complimentary bicycles are featured at the hotel. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness centre.
- Free bicycles on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 25 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Union Pay
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 22.96 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Fitness centre access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for adults, and USD 20.00 and USD 30.00 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: USD 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night
- Pet fee: USD $100 per accommodation, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.