Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, LCD TVs and minibars
- Free WiFi
- Drinking and dining options include a restaurant, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Indulge with reflexology, hydrotherapy or deep-tissue massages at Odyssey Massage
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre and a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and spaciousness
- Within a 10-minute walk of Government House and Sydney Opera House
Reviews from Trip Advisor
85.0% of guests recommend out of 5361 reviews
About the InterContinental SydneyLocation 117 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
InterContinental Sydney offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a sauna. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. You'll find a business centre on site. A fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the luxury InterContinental Sydney. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star Sydney hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 509 guestrooms or units
- 31 levels
- Built in 1851
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) (12.7 km / 7.9 mi)
- Train station: Sydney Circular Quay Station (0.5 km / 0.3 mi)
- Metro station: Martin Place Station (0.7 km / 0.4 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
InterContinental Sydney offers 509 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and a safe. Beds feature premium bedding. LCD televisions come with premium cable channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and designer toiletries. This Sydney hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and in-room massages can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Cafe Opera – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a sauna and a fitness centre.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Odyssey Massage. Services include deep-tissue massages, sports massages, Swedish massages and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and reflexology.
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
- Body treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at 3:00 AM
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 75.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 42 for adults and AUD 25 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 70.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 75.0 per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- InterContinental Sydney Hotel
- InterContinental Sydney
- Sydney Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel Sydney
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian star ratings agency, Star Ratings Australia.