Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include a restaurant, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre and a steam room
- Guests like the breakfast and restaurant
- Just a 3-minute walk from Tower Museum and 7 minutes on foot from Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial
City Hotel Derry ratings based on 10 verified reviews
Guest reviews for City Hotel Derry
4 Mar 2019 by Guest Relations Team
Hi , Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay at the City Hotel ,Were delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back very soon !
Good location for local attractions
Lovely Hotel and Great Location
Definitely not 4*
Close to everywhere
Citybreak in the walled city
Nice hotel in city centre
An excellent night prior to conference day nearby
City Hotel, Derry
About the City Hotel DerryLocation Queens Quay, Londonderry, Northern Ireland BT487AS
City Hotel Derry offers its guests an indoor pool, a kid's pool, a spa tub, and a steam room. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. A fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in common area are also featured at the eco-friendly City Hotel Derry. This 4-star Londonderry hotel is smoke free.
- 158 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Conference centre
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Computer for guest use
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Parking (limited spaces) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Donegal (CFN) (90.2 km / 56.1 mi)
- Train station: Londonderry Station (1.9 km / 1.2 mi)
City Hotel Derry offers 158 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit and complimentary toiletries. This Londonderry hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
Thompsons – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Coppins Bar – This restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
An indoor pool, a children's pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a steam room and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Skydiving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Guests are required to present the credit card used book their room on arrival at the hotel.
Please note: The hotel advises that all food and drink consumed on the premises be purchased from the hotel. The management and staff of the hotel reserve the right to confiscate any food and beverage items not purchased at the hotel from guests or guestrooms. Any confiscated items will be returned to guests upon departure.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 5 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 10.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 0 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 0.4 per hour
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- City Hotel Derry Londonderry
- City Derry Londonderry
- City Derry
- The City Hotel Derry
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
This property has received its official star rating from Tourism NI.