Stanford Court San Francisco905 California Street, San Francisco 4.0 out of 5.0
Guests can indulge in high-end shops like Prada and Tiffany & Co at Union Square, 4 blocks away. Chinatown is 5 minutes on foot, and the American Conservatory ...
The room was clean and comfortable. Staff at the hotel front door meet and greet were VERY casual in both attitude and dress, they did not offer to help with our bags on arrival. Concierge staff were fantastic and VERY helpful, if you need anything they are the ones to go to. Free wifi is very ...
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel2500 Mason St, San Francisco 4.0 out of 5.0
This smoke-free San Francisco Sheraton is within 2 blocks of the cable car turnaround and Pier 39, 5 blocks from Ghirardelli Square, and within 1 mile of Lombard ...
The hotel is in a great location. Even though it said on my booking confirmation that we had a room on the first floor, we were given a room on the ground floor. It was noisy as it was next to the road and the buses idled outside our window early in the morning. The room was clean and the staff were ...
The Westin St Francis San Francisco on Union Square335 Powell Street, San Francisco 4.0 out of 5.0
This elegant and historic 1904 hotel offers a prime location across from San Francisco's Union Square; cable cars stop right at the front door, and the Financial ...
Just came back from Oracle Openworld in San Fran. Had a great stay and would be happy to reccomend this Hotel. Great Location, but make sure you get a rom with a View of the street and not the back allys!
Hotel Whitcomb1231 Market St, San Francisco 3.5 out of 5.0
Located in the San Francisco theater district with a BART and MUNI station at its entrance, this downtown hotel is 6 blocks from Union Square and within a mile ...
We enjoyed our stay at the Whitcomb Hotel. Loved the ambience of this place which looks to be virtually unchanged since the 30s The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The hotel was very busy, and one slight downside was the lifts are extremely slow in spite of 4 in the main lobby, only 1 ever ...
The Tuscan, A Noble House Hotel425 North Point, San Francisco 4.0 out of 5.0
The Tuscan, A Noble House Hotel is 2 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and the Alcatraz Island ferry.
7 of us were staying to chill after a week in Vegas. After all the glitz, this hotel was the sedate and classy antidote. The corridors could do with a bit of tlc but overall a lovely place to stay, and stay again. We'll be back!
Hyatt Regency San Francisco5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco 4.0 out of 5.0
The 17-story Hyatt Regency is located on the Embarcadero waterfront, across from the Ferry Building Marketplace, close to the Embarcadero Center, Union Square, ...
Location perfect for tourists stayed in the Regency Club rooms in top floor well worth the extra if booking here, great complimentary breakfast snacks and evening supper, honour bar was good too, can't find anything to fault except the lifts, regency club can only be entered by keycard in lift and ...
San Francisco is in the heart of the Bay Area of California, where there is an eclectic mix of cultures and attractions. Visitors who make reservations using ebookers have a wide variety of hotels in San Francisco to choose from. There are both small boutiques and big international chains available.
Popular San Francisco Neighbourhoods
- Chinatown: This neighbourhood is sometimes thought of as a separate city within San Francisco. It has some of the best restaurants in the city with lots of galleries and shops featuring a taste of Chinese culture. The area is a full 24 city blocks, so bring your comfortable walking shoes to explore.
- North Beach: Although it is not really a beach, there are plenty of other sand-free things to do in this Italian neighbourhood. Let ebookers help you find an accommodation in this romantic neighbourhood that features fine dining and distinctive European architecture. It is also home to Coit Tower, where many tourists go to get a great view and picture of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Financial District: Just south of Market Street is the financial district, home to many corporate headquarters. The Financial District is also referred to as SoMa (South of Market) and incorporates some smaller neighbourhoods like Rincon Hill, Mission Bay and South Beach.
Things to Do in San Francisco
- Alcatraz: Just 1.5 miles off the coast of the city is an island sometimes referred to as 'The Rock.' It is home to Alcatraz, the infamous prison that was supposedly so secure that nobody could escape from it. There is doubt about that claim and the prison was closed in 1963, but there are still daily tours for visitors to see this national historical landmark.
- Pier 39: The Fisherman's Wharf is home to Pier 39, which happens to be home to a popular group of sea lions that take residence there every year. There are also plenty of fresh crab and shrimp vendors, in case you want a to-go lunch while you explore the pier or watch the sun set over the water.
- Cable Cars: San Francisco is known for their iconic cable cars which are an easy way for residents and tourists alike to get a break from climbing the notoriously steep hills as they travel. Many hotel rooms in San Francisco are on a cable car line and can be reserved using ebookers.
- Golden Gate Bridge: Arguably the most popular San Francisco attraction, this 1.7 mile bridge is one of the most photographed in the world. On any given day, over 100,000 cars travel over it. It can be seen from many vantage points across the city, including a particularly great one from Coit Tower in North Beach.
- Museums: The city is home to many art galleries that reflect the diversity of the area. Some popular ones include the Asian Art Museum, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the de Young Museum. Art lovers will have no problem finding hotels in San Francisco that are within walking distance of one or more of these art hotspots.
Prices reflect the lowest "base rate" found over the next 30 days. Rates are subject to change and may not include taxes and fees, hotel service charges, extra person charges, or incidentals, such as room service. Converted rates are provided for your convenience. They are based on today's exchange rate, but the hotel will charge you in the local currency. Local charges may apply