Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, satellite TV and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Free valet parking and self-parking
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include 2 restaurants, a coffee shop and 3 bars/lounges
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Indulge with body scrubs, facials or massages at Vale Spa
- Services include babysitting, a kids' club and dry cleaning/laundry
- On-site recreation includes a golf course, 3 outdoor tennis courts and a fitness centre
- Guests like the accommodation for the cleanliness, spaciousness and overall comfort
- 15 minutes by car from Cardiff City Stadium and 10 minutes from The Royal Mint Experience
Vale Resort ratings based on 17 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Vale Resort
Lovely hotel with lovely views of the grounds
Doesn't live up to its reoutation
Straightforward and professional service
Good facilities but that's it
Excellent all round
About the Vale ResortLocation Hensol Park, Pontyclun, Wales CF72 8JY
Vale Resort offers its guests a full-service spa, a golf course, and outdoor tennis courts. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges. WiFi is free in public spaces. There's an onsite 24-hour business centre. A hot tub, a fitness centre, and a sauna are also featured at the family-friendly Vale Resort. Free self parking and valet parking are available. This 4-star Pontyclun hotel is smoke free.
- 143 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 2 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- 3 bars or lounges
- Built in 1998
- Coffee shop
- Kid's club (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Conference centre
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- BBQ grill(s)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor tennis courts -3
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Train station: Pontyclun Station (6.5 km / 4 mi)
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Vale Resort offers 143 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and coffee/tea makers. A pillow menu is available. Televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 7 AM to 10 AM and at the weekend from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Vale Resort has 2 restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Champagne Bar – On-site Champagne bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Guests can play rounds at the 36-hole golf course and enjoy other recreation facilities including outdoor tennis courts. Other recreational amenities include a spa tub, a sauna and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
Vale Spa has 20 treatment rooms. Services include facials, body scrubs, body treatments and manicures and pedicures. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 20
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving after hours will have to wait until the next morning to check in.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 20 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve a crib (infant bed) and/or rollaway bed. Contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 14.95 per person (approximately)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 20 per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Vale Resort Pontyclun
- Vale Resort
- Vale Pontyclun
You should know
- The total price shown includes a resort fee.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
This property has received its official star rating from Visit Wales.