Cape Town is the provincial capital of the Western Cape in South Africa. It is one of Africa's most popular tourist destinations and is well known for its harbour in Table Bay. Cape Town is a multicultural city that has a wide variety of activities and sites to offer. Visitors have a choice between many different luxury hotels in Cape Town, and ebookers can help you find the best one.
Neighbourhoods in Cape Town
- The City bowl: This amphitheatre-shaped area of the city is located near the harbour, beaches and some of the city's best restaurants. Visitors can choose to stay in one of the rooms of the many guesthouses, or they can opt for one of the luxury hotels in the area. These include the Southern Comfort Guest Lodge, Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel and the Airstream Penthouse Park.
- Bo-Kaap: This neighbourhood, formerly known as the Malay Quarter, is located in the Upper Cape. It is one of the historical areas of Cape Town with its historic mosques and cobbled streets. Visitors to Bo-Kaap will experience the cultural diversity of the area. Hotels include the Hilton City Centre, Noonday Gun Penthouse and the Rouge on Rose Boutique Hotel.
- The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront: One of Cape Town's most popular attractions, it offers visitors a wide variety of restaurants, shops, attractions and entertainment options. Hotels include the Commodore Hotel, One and Only Cape Town, Cape Grace and the Table Bay Hotel. Check ebookers for the best accommodation during your stay.
- The Cape Winelands: The largest wine producing region in South Africa, it is another popular destination in Cape Town. Visit one of the area's many wine estates, or choose from one of the most popular restaurants in the region. Hotels include the Lanzerac Manor Hotel, Le Quartier Francais and the Straightway Head Country House.
Popular Cape Town Attractions
- One of the oldest standing buildings in South Africa, the Cape Town Castle is located near the City Bowl in Cape Town and is one of the most popular attractions in the city. Visitors will have the opportunity to learn about the history of the area while sampling the wine and food that have made Cape Town famous.
- The Auwal Mosque is the first and oldest mosque that was built in South Africa. It is located in the Bo-Kaap neighbourhood. Its visitors will be able to see how life was like in the early 1800s and can attend one of the many Muslim services held throughout the day.
- Laborie Market is located in the Cape Winelands and is home to one of the many Cape Town festivals that are held yearly. Learn about the history of winemaking in Cape Town, or sample the oysters during the Knysna Oyster Festival in July. Cheap accommodation can be found in the area using ebookers search engine.
- The Savoy Cabbagehouse, located in downtown Cape Town, features contemporary food that is organic and free range. The menu changes daily depending on what is in season, and reservations are recommended.
- Aubergine is a popular restaurant among residents of Cape Town. Located near the historic gardens, it features contemporary menu items such as pork fillet and fried wontons.
Restaurants in Cape Town
The Ruse en Vrede is one of the most popular restaurants in Cape Town. It is located in the Stellenbosch neighbourhood and features both contemporary and classic foods. All menu items are made with organic ingredients. Visitors can choose from the multicourse menus, which is a fun way to sample a variety of platters at one time. It is located near many of the Cape Winelands hotels in Cape Town, and ebookers can help locate the one that is most suitable for you.