Madrid is often considered one of the major financial centres of southern Europe. Located in the central part of Spain along the Manzanares River, the city has a variety of elegant restaurants and interesting places to visit. Whether you prefer staying close to the water or further downtown, ebookers can help you find the perfect hotels in Madrid for your stay.
Madrid Neighbourhood District Attractions
- Fuencarral-El Pardo: This district is the largest district in Madrid. It is home to Casa de Campo and the Royal Palace of El Pardo. Most hotels in this district are within walking distance of the castle, and ebookers can help you with reservations. Hotels include the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel and Spa and the Eurostars Madrid Tower.
- Carabanchel: Located in the southwest suburbs of Madrid, this district is one of the most diverse. It is home to the historic Carabanchel Prison, which housed political prisoners during the Spanish Civil War. Visitors to Carabanchel can stay at the Praga Hotel or the Hotel via Lisitana.
- Ciudad Lineal: Ciudad Lineal is home to the Gran Via, which is one of the most upscale shopping areas in Madrid. The Madrid Congress Centre is also located in Ciudad Lineal. Hotels in the area include the Hotel Osuna, the Novotel Madrid Campo de las Naciones and the Zenit Conde de Orgaz.
- Vicaivaro: Located in the southeast corner of Madrid, Vivavaro is located along the historic rail system. This system connects all the different districts within Madrid, which makes it easy for visitors to get around. The Aparthotel Encasa is one accommodation located in Vicaivaro.
Festivals in Madrid
Madrid features a wide variety of fairs and festivals throughout the year. Be ready to enjoy the festivities by using ebookers to locate the best rooms in Madrid for any budget.
- ARCO Madrid is a contemporary art fair that offers exhibitions by artists from around Madrid. It takes place every February and visitors can purchase jewellery, art, furnishings, clothing and accessories.
- The Madrid Carnival takes place in February of every year. It is an expression of theatre and the fine arts. Visitors can dress in their favourite medieval and classic mythological costumes. The festival features a parade with floats and street performers.
Madrid Quick Picks
Visitors to Madrid will find a large selection of fine dining choices regardless of what hotel you will be staying at. With ebookers, you can find out the address of your hotel and learn about the surrounding area before your trip. Restaurants to choose from include:
- La Corral de la Moreria - Located in the heart of Madrid, this restaurant has been in business since 1957. It is the oldest flamenco restaurant in Madrid and features the finest Italian cuisine.
- Café de Shinitas - The Café de Shinitas is located near the Gran Via area. It is the perfect place to visit after a day of shopping. This flamenco restaurant features Mediterranean cuisine.
- El Corral de la Pacheca - This restaurant is another flamenco restaurant in Madrid. It features Mediterranean cuisine with live regional entertainment.
- Cornucopia - The Cornucopia features modern décor and classic Spanish and International cuisine. It is conveniently located near the Gran Via and is close to many elegant hotels in Madrid.