Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer LED TVs, room service (during limited hours) and premium bedding
- Free cooked-to-order breakfast served daily
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy British cuisine at 4/6, one of the property's 2 restaurants and 2 bars/lounges
- Amenities include a computer, a car charging station and multilingual staff
- Guests like the accommodation for the cleanliness, comfy beds and nice bathrooms
- Steps from Caernarfon Castle and 14 minutes by car from Bangor University
Reviews from Trip Advisor
93.0% of guests recommend out of 1626 reviews
About the Black Boy InnLocation Northgate Street, Caernarfon, Wales LL55 1RW
There are 2 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Free breakfast is available daily. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. A terrace, multilingual staff, and a fireplace in the lobby are also featured at the business-friendly Black Boy Inn. Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this Edwardian Caernarfon inn.
- 26 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 2 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1522
- Cooked-to-order breakfast (free)
- Charging station for electric cars
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Computer for guest use
- Fireplace in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Parking (limited spaces) , Free parking nearby , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon) (142.7 km / 88.7 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Black Boy Inn offers 26 forms of accommodation with a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature premium bedding. 46-inch LED televisions come with digital channels. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LED television
- Digital channels
- Electric kettle
- Luxury bedding
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Local calls (free)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free cooked-to-order breakfast on weekdays from 7:00 AM to 9:30 AM and at the weekend from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
4/6 – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Craft Bar – This bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 11 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 7 AM - 11:30 PM.
If you are planning to arrive after 11:30 PM, please contact the property at least 24 hours in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 7 AM - 11:30 PM.
Guests arriving after 11:30 PM must contact the property at least 24 hours prior to arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
This hotel will place an advance credit card authorization at booking for any bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- No lifts
- Debit cards
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 5.00 per night
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn
- Black Boy Caernarfon
- Black Boy
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This property has received its official star rating from Visit Wales.