Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy international cuisine while dining at Silk Road Restaurant
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Wired Internet for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a health club, a sauna and scooters/mopeds to rent
- Guests like the accommodation for the comfy beds, spaciousness and low noise level
- Steps from Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA) and a 3-minute drive from National Maritime Museum
- Free train station pick-up and local-area shuttle service
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre ratings based on 117 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
1 Apr 2019 by General Manager
Dear guest, Thank you for your highest rating! We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Remco Groenhuijzen General Manager
27 Dec 2018 by Hotel Management
Dear valued guest, Thank you for letting us know that you had a great stay with us. Regards,
18 Dec 2018 by The Hotel Management
Dear guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We most regret to find out about your unpleasant welcome, as well as our breakfast buffet not having more variety meeting to your expectations. Please accept our apologies and feel free to share your thoughts of variety improvements with us. Otherwise we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and look forward having a chance to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, The Hotel Management
30 Oct 2018 by The Hotel Management
Dear guest, Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we are glad to hear you valued our easy to access and convenient location. We would be pleased to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, The Hotel Management
Beautiful hotel close to the city centre
2 Mar 2018 by Hotel Management
Dear Shannon, Thank you for taking the time to share your most enjoyable experiences. We are happy to hear you discovered the benefits of our quiet and easy to reach location on the banks of the river "IJ". Besides this we do regret the Climate Control could not be adjusted to your own preference. Please do not hesitate to share any issues you may have within our staff, they are more than pleased to assist you. Last but not least; many times good rates with breakfast included can be found on Expedia, or our own website. We hope to welcome you back, Shannon! Kind regards, The Hotel Management
Modern Hotel, overall Excellent
16 Feb 2018 by Hotel Management
Dear guest, Thank you for your kind and detailed review! It is good to hear you discovered the benefits and comfort of our modern and well located hotel on the banks of the river "IJ". Did you know, we also provide with a free shuttle service to the Central Station (advance booking recommended)? Please feel free to stay with us again next time you visit Amsterdam. Kind regards, The Hotel Management
Nice hotel, great location
7 Feb 2018 by Hotel Management
Dear Sarah, We are pleased to hear your stay in our hotel has been such a satisfactory one. Next time you travel to Amsterdam we hope to welcome you back! Kind regards, The Hotel Management
13 Dec 2017 by Hotel Management
Dear guest, Thank you for your kind review. Good to hear you received the care and attention you expect and deserve from us! We look forward to assist you in a near future. Kind regards, The Hotel Management
Nice hotel close center statetion
24 Oct 2017 by Hotel Management
Dear Yingying, Thank you very much for highlighting your enjoyable experiences! We certainly look forward to your return stay in our hotel. Kind regards, The Hotel Management
2 Mar 2017 by Hotel Manager
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your positive experience, Jessie. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to express your satisfaction and are happy to read you had a pleasant stay with us after a long working day. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. Kind regards, Dieuwke Reuvers, Hotel Manager
About the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City CentreLocation Piet Heinkade 11, Amsterdam, 1019 BR
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre offers its guests a health club and a sauna. Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. A business centre and a limo/town car service are available. Event space at this hotel measures 9817 square feet (912 square metres) and includes conference centres. Spa services, a terrace, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the family-friendly Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. An area shuttle and A train station pick-up shuttle are free. For a fee, parking is available. This 4-star Amsterdam hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 408 guestrooms or units
- 20 levels
- 9817 sq ft of conference space
- 912 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 2006
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol) (25.6 km / 15.9 mi)
- Train station: Amsterdam Central Station (2.5 km / 1.6 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle and train station pick-up
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre offers 408 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers. A pillow menu is available. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis. Renovation of all guestrooms was completed in December 2017.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Air conditioning
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Silk Road Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Body treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at 11 AM
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests planning to use the shuttle service from Amsterdam Central Station must contact the property in advanced. Contact information is provided in the reservation confirmation email.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 50 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
- Parking height restrictions apply
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: EUR 50 per night
- A 6.422 per cent city/local tax will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 25.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: EUR 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: EUR 47.50 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Movenpick Amsterdam City Centre
- Mövenpick Hotel
- Mövenpick Amsterdam City Centre
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City
You should know
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre offers transfers from the train station. Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Reservations are needed for massage services. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Globe, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.