Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with TVs, room service (during limited hours) and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy British cuisine while dining at Fitz Bar
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, tour or ticket assistance and luggage storage
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and overall comfort
- Just a 5-minute walk from Principality Stadium and 5 minutes on foot from Cardiff Castle
The Royal Hotel Cardiff ratings based on 24 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Royal Hotel Cardiff
City centre stay
Nice hotel close to city
Best in Cardiff
Excellent hotel in city centre.
About the The Royal Hotel CardiffLocation 88 St Mary Street, Cardiff, Wales CF101DW
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi and wired Internet. Event space at this hotel measures 2367 square feet (220 square metres). Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and coffee/tea in common area are also featured at the business-friendly The Royal Hotel Cardiff. This 3.5-star Cardiff hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 60 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 2367 sq ft of conference space
- 220 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1866
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.) (18.9 km / 11.8 mi)
- Train station: Cardiff Central Station (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
The Royal Hotel Cardiff offers 60 forms of air-conditioned accommodation which are accessible via exterior corridors, and features laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. This Cardiff hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- HD television
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 7 AM to 10 AM and at the weekend from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Fitz Bar – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The Hotel has entrances on both Westgate Street, CF10 1TL and St Mary Street - CF10 1DW (Pedestrianized). Guests with heavy luggage or disabled access requirements are recommended to use our Westgate Street entrance, CF10 1TL which is step free. Our entrance on St Mary Street (CF10 1DW) is not step free.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for GBP 5 per night.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Please note: Guests who use credit cards to pay for incidental charges at the hotel will be assessed a GPB 2.00 credit card administration fee. There is no charge applied to cash or debit card purchases.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Only service animals are allowed
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 14 for adults and GBP 7 for children (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 16 per 24 hours
- Late check-out fee: GBP 10 (subject to availability)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 5 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Royal Hotel Cardiff
- Royal Cardiff
You should know
- The total price shown includes a resort fee.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.