Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy a bite to eat at THE DRAGON BRASSERIE, a brasserie that serves regional cuisine
- Buffet breakfast served weekends for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Treat yourself to body wraps, body treatments or hot stone massages at The Dragon Health Club
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, tour or ticket assistance and luggage storage
- On-site recreation includes a health club and a sauna
- Guests like the room service and bar
- Steps from Swansea Castle and 5 minutes on foot from Swansea Market
The Dragon Hotel ratings based on 12 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Dragon Hotel
great hotel for town center
Needs a refurb!
About the The Dragon HotelLocation The Kingsway, Swansea, Wales SA1 5LS
The Dragon Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a health club. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. A sauna, spa services, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the eco-friendly The Dragon Hotel. You'll have access to the indoor pool and outdoor pool at a partner property. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 4-star Swansea hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 106 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 2 dining venues
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.)
- Train station: Swansea Station (0.5 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
The Dragon Hotel offers 106 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with video game consoles and coffee/tea makers. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Gaming console
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast on weekends from 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
THE DRAGON BRASSERIE – This brasserie specialises in regional cuisine and serves lunch, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Piano Bar & Restauarnt – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast and lunch. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required. Open selected days.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
The Dragon Health Club has 1 treatment room. Services include hot stone massages, sports massages, Swedish massages and facials. The spa is equipped with a sauna.
The spa is open daily.
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Sports massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 20.0 per day.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Parking height restrictions apply
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 10.00 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 9.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 20.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Dragon Hotel
- Dragon Hotel Swansea
- Dragon Swansea
- Hotel Dragon
- The Dragon Hotel Swansea, Wales
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
This property has received its official star rating from Visit Wales.