Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer iPod docking stations, 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy British cuisine and garden views while dining at 1886 Restaurant
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, tour or ticket assistance and luggage storage
- Guests like the restaurant and bar
- 6 minutes by car from King's Theatre and 7 minutes from Usher Hall
Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel ratings based on 24 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel
9 Feb 2019 by Best Western Braid Hills Hotel Team
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your 5/5 review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards
A three start hotel in every way
Good quality/ good price
Great stay in Edinburgh
Room was terrable
Family night away
About the Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills HotelLocation 134 Braid Road, Edinburgh, Scotland EH10 6JD
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. There's an onsite 24-hour business centre. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 16146 square feet (1500 square metres) and includes conference rooms. A library, a terrace, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the business-friendly Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel. Self parking is free. A complete renovation of Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel was completed in November 2015. This 3-star Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 71 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 2 buildings
- 16146 sq ft of conference space
- 1500 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1886
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Outdoor picnic space
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (17.1 km / 10.6 mi)
- Train station: Slateford Station (3.4 km / 2.1 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills Hotel offers 71 forms of accommodation with iPod docking stations and a hairdryer. Each accommodation is individually decorated. 32-inch Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Bathrooms include a bath and shower and complimentary toiletries. This Edinburgh hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- iPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- Electric kettle
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Bathtub or shower
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (heating)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
1886 Restaurant – Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Edinburgh Bar – This lobby lounge specialises in British cuisine and serves lunch, dinner and light fare. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cots/infant beds and sofa beds. Parties and events are allowed on site.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cots/infant beds and sofa beds. Parties and events are allowed on site.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Only service animals are allowed
- No lifts
- 24-hour check-in
- Events/parties allowed
- Debit cards
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 14.95 for adults and GBP 7.95 for children (approximately)
- Late check-out fee: GBP 25.00 (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Best Western Braid Hills Hotel Edinburgh
- Best Western Braid Hills Hotel
- Best Western Braid Hills Edinburgh
- Best Western Braid Hills
- BEST WESTERN Braid Hills Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Best Western Edinburgh
- Best Western Edinburgh South Braid Hills
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.